Leads the new product development department (packaging material) to bring about breakthrough innovation that helps strengthen the company's competitive positioning. Plays a key role in conceptualizing, planning and operationalizing a particular product innovation. Prepares and maintains product portfolio and technology road map for the organization
- Constantly review and present to the Management Business Cases for new Packaging Technology, Projects including Printing.
- Assess the requirement of the machine and make a URS so that, we can immediately start discussion with vendors.
- Help in identifying different substrates, collectively with Sale & Marketing Team; in order to develop a marketing & strategic plan for the products.
- Area where ACG will like to focus on APET related Substrates, Different Cold Form Foils, Lidding Foil with Hot Seal Lacquer and printing, CR & SF Foil, Low cross migration products like cold form with desiccant contact lens packaging, Suppository of different kinds, Laminated Pouches for Pharmaceutical and Health Care Industry including Medical devices.
- Follow the stage gate process for all Projects.
- Establish the preliminary and validated Quality Parameter for in process, incoming & outgoing quality for all new products under development.
- Make SOPs and train people.
- Collectively and jointly attend seminars and workshops with customers to make them understand and educate them on the need for high quality Aluminum Products and other substitutes.
- Work with Innovation team and help them in troubleshooting the Aluminum and other advanced packaging products.
- Attend all review meetings of new products and help in designing strategies for promoting the same.
- Work with ACG PAMPAC team on certain special projects that shall be assigned to periodically, especially in designing of Blister machinery and molds.
- Work closely with ACG Technoversity
- Help the Company to achieve global benchmarks / norms in yields, cycle time, processes, quality etc.
- Take such care of Company's assets entrusted to him as a responsible manager of normal prudence.
- Help in Technical Marketing and training of the technical service team for trouble shooting.
Required Candidate profileBE- Plastics or Masters Degree in Polymer or a PhD in a related field with 20+years experience in Packaging Development/Innovation for Pharmaceutical, Food, FMCG, Medical packaging application.
- Technical/Functional & Leadership Competencies
- Technically Expert in Aluminum Foil based product range.
- Strategic thinking
- Competent in Analytical R&D
- Packaging & Development of various Polymer based substrates for Pharma Packaging
- Strong Understanding of future innovative trends in anti-counterfeit solutions
- Knowledge of compliance in packaging needs for the future including all global regulatory requirements.
- Team & People Development
- Technical Training inside Company
- Cross functional team working
Perks and BenefitsExcellent perks and facilities, 5 days week, Company Car, Mediclaim, Term Insurance, Accident Insurance, Retiral Benefits
Salary: INR 1 Cr & above PA.
Industry:Printing / Packaging
Functional Area:Top Management
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Plastics, Mechanical, B.Sc - Any Specialization
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) - Physics, Chemical Engineering & Materials Science, M.Tech - Plastics, Production/Industrial, Other Engineering, Mechanical
Doctorate:Ph.D - Chemical, Chemistry, Physics, Plastics, Production/Industrial, Mechanical, M.Phil. - Plastics
Corporate Placement and Liaisoning Services
Contact Company:Corporate Placement and Liaisoning Services